Never Never Part 2 by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher



Publication: 2015
# of Pages: 158
Source: Kindle, E-Book 


"Never forget that I was your first real kiss. Never forget that you'll be my last. And never stop loving me between all of them. Never stop, Charlie. Never forget." Silas races against time as more truths unravel, while others twist tighter together. And now, the stakes are higher as Silas' control slips and others begin to point fingers. Charlie is in trouble and he must be the one to bridge the chasm between their past and their present. Because somewhere between I love yous and Never Nevers and Never Agains, a truth they can't imagine, beckons to be found. "Where are you, Charlie." 


**Please keep in mind that this is the second book in a 3 part series so please be aware there will be some spoilers. 

After reading part 1 of Never, Never the reader ultimately finds out that the two main characters Charlie and Silas lose their memory every 48 hours. In an attempt to preserve what information they have gathered in part 1, Silas documents all of their events. Fast-forwarding into part 2, the reader finds out that once again the two characters are on a search to discover the reasons behind their memory loss and what exactly has occurred to make them the individuals they currently are. 

Once again what I enjoyed about this series was the ability the reader was given to follow along with the mystery. We know just as much as the characters which is pretty much next to nothing. When they discover information so does the reader. More so in this volume than in the first, the reader anxiously attempts to figure out the reasons why Silas and Charlie are unable to remember anything about their past. A good bit of the information discovered in this book did answer a few questions I had from the first part. It focused a lot on the relationship Charlie and Silas had prior to the loss of their memories. It also takes into account the relationship between their two families. I found this back story to be pretty interesting as it tied together a few loose ends. It made sense as to why there was tension not only between the characters, but also between their families. 

The main part of this section that I did not care for was the supposed plot "build-up." I think this part, like the first part, was over-hyped and the revelation at the end of the book did not surprise me in the least bit. It was almost as if I was waiting for this big conclusion or revelation and once again my hopes and expectations were let down. The writing is great and I even thought that the writing of this part was better than the first; however, I still cannot seem to grasp the hype associated with each part. I am hoping that part 3 takes the elements of the first two parts and delivers something worth the hype and praise. 


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment