Henry and the Hidden Treasure by B.C.R Fegan

Series: N/A
# of Pages: 32
Publication: August 3rd, 2017
Source: E-Book Review Copy
Genre: Children, Picture Book
Goodreads | Amazon 

Henry and the Hidden Treasure is an imaginative adventure a young child has in defending his pocket money against his little sister. Henry constructs elaborate defensive measures that he is sure will stand up to the clever ambitions of Lucy. Little does he know, Lucy has a few tricks of her own. With a focus on introducing children to the use of ordinal numbers, Henry and the Hidden Treasure also draws out some important qualities of being a kid – such as creativity, the value of listening to parental advice, and of course, being nice to your sister.


I received this book from TaleDale Press for an honest review. Thank you to them and the author for providing me with this opportunity. Like I state in all of my book reviews, I'm a huge fan of picture books. I currently work for the library so reading picture books is such an integral part of my job especially when families come in looking for new and exciting books. Once again, I found B.C.R Fegan's work to be enjoyable. This picture book focused on a brother, sister dynamic and I think that it would be great for those children that are learning to be an older brother or sister. The main character, Henry, is so focused on hiding his treasure from his sister Lucy that he devises a whole scheme to keep her from it. Unfortunately, things do not go as planned and Henry realizes that Lucy has more in store than just taking his treasure. I loved that Henry was exposed to the danger of making assumptions. I think this happens quite frequently between siblings. 

One of my other favorite aspects of this picture book was the artwork. I need to ask some questions about whether it is done digitally; however, I absolutely love it. It clearly evokes the meaning of the story and adds more to Henry's desire to protect his treasure. I loved the illustrations of the various monsters/creatures. The illustrations of the monsters held true to their origins, but somehow also made them appear cute. It was an interesting and fun dynamic. 

Overall, this was another great picture book by B.C.R. Fegan and I look forward to reading more from this author. 



Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment